Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears! Oh My!

Yesterday we took the two hour drive to visit the Columbia Zoo. The kids and I drove up with my friend Katie and her son Jackson. I must admit it was a rather enjoyable drive. The kids did great :) We meet Shelley and her three kids there for a long fun filled day of animals! I believe the biggest hit was the monkeys. They were swinging all around and making really loud noises which the kids found really funny. Here are a few pictures to show you of our day! Also if you have never been or it has been a really long time I totally recommend going back!


This is the group of kids that were with us.
(Left: Eli, Addie Lynn, Jackson, Gracie, Carson & Trey) 

Gracie and Jackson feeding the goats. I was shocked that Gracie allowed the goats to lick her fingers and nibble food out of her hand. Sometimes she can be a big chicken when it comes to new animals. Not yesterday...


All Gracie talked about before we went to the Zoo was Elephants but once she saw them she could care less... Go Figure!

All I can say is Shelley Thank you Thank You Thank you! Thomas absolutely loved it and so did mommy... He much rather be in that then being held or in the stroller!





I told everyone to make a silly face!

Some tired kiddos! But it did make for a quiet ride back to Charleston :)

2 comments:

thetalbotts said...

We had so much fun! I'm glad your ride back was peaceful. :)

Jenny G. said...

Looks like yall had a blast! The zoo sounds like so much fun. Can't wait till I can go with my little one... a year or two from now. HAHA. :)